Thursday, 22 November 2012

NaNoWriMo Week 3 Update

Woah, a little more than a week and NaNo is over! (and my exams start, which is not a very pleasant thought).

This week, I fell behind a little. During the weekend, I didn't write and I couldn't find my muse. But I did have a really awesome momiji-gari, which refreshed my brain. And because of that, in the past two days, I've almost caught up! I think I'm only a few hundred words behind the target. With any luck, I can get a headstart by the weekend (in two days!) and end slightly before the month.

You see, I have an exam on November 30th, so if I don't use the three days of break (we're on break because my University is having a festival!) to get ahead, I don't think I can win this year.

On the other hand, I'm quite happy with my story. It's probably no good, but it's the most I've written (for one story) ever. The plot went in directions that I didn't even expect when I started (and what little I tried to plot), and I'm so happy to see more characters coming out!

Of course, it figures that my two protagonists try to get together even though they're unsuitable =.= I didn't intend for that, but they learnt their lesson pretty quickly, and neither of them will be trying to be together with a person that makes them lose their temper anymore.

To all my fellow NaNo-ers, ganbatte! It'll be over soon!