Sunday, 19 May 2013

Cream Puffs and Eclairs (クッキーシュークリームとエクレア)

Today, I attended my first ケーキの教室(ke-ki no kyoushitsu: cake class), and learnt how to make cream puffs (with a cookie topping!) and eclairs! It was extremely fun and easier than I expected.

So without further ado, here are photos to make you drool (hopefully. I'm aiming for that anyway):

Ok, the first three photos were taken at the class with my iPad. I would take more, but I was more concerned with getting it done right. Plus, this isn't a cooking blog, so I don't think a step-by-step guide is necessary:

Here they are fresh out of the oven! They're yet to be filled.

The cream puffs! 

The eclairs!
Well, I couldn't stop the photography bug entirely - I took our my camera as soon as I got home. So here are more close up photos!

This is the only puff without a cookie cover. It's ok, you're still delicious!

A close up of the eclair

Most of my cream puffs have two flavours - caramel filling
on top of custard filling. 

The only custard-only puff. YOU'RE STILL DELICIOUS TO ME!

THE PUFF. No, not a powerpuff. Just a delicious puff.
The class was so fun I signed up for another one at the end of next month! Now, I'm stuck with the problem of having too many to eat, but too little to share. Sigh, if only all problems were this delicious(;

Incidentally, I have the recipe, if anyone's interested. The only thing is that it's all in Japanese. If you're interested, let me know!