Thursday, 26 September 2013

Over 30 Hours Without Sleep (I'm back in Japan)

As I'm writing this blog post, at about 7:13pm, I've not slept for the past 34 hours (I think. I lost the ability to do simple math too). Anyway, I woke up at about 9:30 am yesterday and I haven't slept since then.

But, I have a perfectly valid excuse. I had a red-eye flight to Fukuoka! And for some reason (ok, perhaps it's because SIA has the best in-flight entertainment system), I didn't sleep on the plane. At least that meant that I got to watch the sunrise from a plane (which is an experience that I wouldn't have wanted to miss), and got to take a few shots really pretty shots.

Taken with my iPad
My luggage was actually way overweight (I think by about 20 kg?), which meant that I had to lug a 6kg 'handcarry' on plus remove 7kg of items from my other luggage in order to check it in. Thankfully, Yiyin came all the way from the airport to help me bring my stuff back.

And by that time (late morning), I was already feeling the effects of sleep deprivation. I was even more volatile/emotional that usual, and according to Yiyin, I acted like I was going to breakdown from the tiredness. Plus, I was hungry no matter how much I ate. I was full, but my stomach was growling.

But I had school. (Well, I had to go to school to buy ONE textbook) And more importantly, I needed to sign for my scholarship money. So off I went to school, and sat through an extremely long process in order to get one book. But at least after that, I managed to sign for the MEXT scholarship.

Unfortunately, by this time (on my way home), I was feeling rather odd. I wasn't hungry, and I almost tripped over my own feet. But thankfully, I made it home safely.

I suppose one factor that kept me going for so long was that the weather was perfect today! I left a Fukuoka that was way too hot, and today, it's 22 degrees Celcius! It's totally my temperature!

So all in all, I had an interesting first day back. I got to see all my friends even though I was extremely tired. Actually, that probably means that they'll be all "she's weirder than I remembered". But I did explain, so hopefully anything strange I did will be chalked up to the lack of sleep.

And if you'll excuse me, I'm off to bed now. I don't think I can stay up any longer :p

2 comments :

  1. hi,
    so u r just back.. i am here ady..arrived on tue..are you at kashiihama kaikan? i really wanna see you. i feel bored all alone here at my dorm. try to meet up some friends but i havent got any respond yet.

    if u r okay, let's meet up sometimes (add me in my facebook, NASRINAH JABIRIN.

    thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey!

      Sorry, but I don't add people I haven't met on facebook. Since you're in school, let's meet up some day when the semester starts (are you in Ito?)! (Btw, are you interested in joining golf? No experience necessary ^^).

      ^_^

      Delete

Thank you so much for reading and commenting! I love to hear your opinions and stories! (And if you want to guest post, do let me know too!)

If you have a question about the MEXT scholarship, please check the FAQs and anti-FAQs to see if it's been covered.